BEVERLY, Mass. - The Endicott men's soccer team returns to the pitch looking to continue the success of last season and capture another Commonwealth Coast Conference (CCC) Championship. The Gulls earned their first ever CCC title and went on to make their first NCAA Tournament appearance in program history during the 2017 season as they amassed a 13-5-3 overall record and a 6-1-2 mark in conference play.
FIVE THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW
- The Gulls will face six programs this season who advanced to the 2017 NCAA Tournament (Brandeis, Rochester, St. Joseph's, Connecticut College, WPI, and Springfield).
- Endicott's last regular season game of 2018 will be a rematch of the 2017 NCAA first-round game as the Gulls will travel to Springfield.
- The CCC Defensive Player of the Year has come from Endicott the last three seasons in a row (Conner Couchot, Nick Weinstein, Carter Ocko).
- Junior Evan Couchot (Mason, Ohio) is two goals away from tying the all-time career goals record of 24 currently held by Josh Lewis (2002-05).
- The Gulls have qualified for the CCC Tournament for the last eight seasons in a row.
HIGHLIGHTED HOME GAMES
- No. 4 Brandeis (8/31, 7 PM)
- No. 25 St. Joseph's (9/1, 7 PM)
- Trinity (9/5, 7 PM)
- Salve Regina (9/22, 7 PM)
- Rochester (10/20, 12 PM)
The Gulls start the 2018 season on Friday, August 31 when they welcome No. 4 Brandeis to Hempstead Stadium at 7 PM. for the Northshore Invitational.
(Photo Credit - David Le '10)