SPRINGFIELD, Mass.- The Endicott men's soccer team dueled to a 1-1 draw in double overtime against the Western New England Golden Bears during a Saturday afternoon bout at Suprenant Field.
Newly crowned program career goals leader Evan Couchot (Mason, Ohio), added to his record by burying a shot in the back of the net at the 12:23 mark with some help from Conner Couchot (Mason, Ohio) to give the Gulls an early 1-0 lead.
With the clock winding down in the second half, the Golden Bears countered with a goal from Brendan Claflin (Burlington, Mass.) set up by Ty Champagne (Watertown, Conn.) and Corey Brown (Somers, Conn.) at the 88:43 mark to tie the game at 1-1 and push the contest into extra time.
Both teams continued to pressure offensively throughout the first and second overtimes, but neither was able to find the game-winner.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- Western New England held a slight 13-9 shot advantage throughout the contest.
- Jack Bacon (Lincoln, R.I.) recorded six saves in net to shift to 1-4-1 on the season.
- Sam Brewer (Westford, Mass.) also made six stops in goal for the Golden Bears.
- E. Couchot led the Endicott offense with three shots, while Dario Neukom (Palma de Mallorca, Spain) was close behind with two.
- The Gulls are now 3-5-5 all-time against Western New England, with the last three contests ending in overtime ties.
Endicott (1-4-1, 0-0-1 CCC) travels to WPI on Tuesday, September 18 for a 7 PM game. Western New England (4-1-1, 0-0-1 CCC) travels to Bard at 2 PM on Tuesday, September 18.
(Photo credit - David Le '10)