BEVERLY, Mass. — The Endicott men's soccer team hosted Roger Williams University on Saturday evening and posted a 3-1 victory over the previously undefeated Hawks.
Both teams saw several chances on goal early in the first half, with Endicott's best opportunity coming off the foot of Dario Neukom (Palma de Mallorca, Spain) on a hard shot from 20 yards out that hit the crossbar.
With just under 10 minutes till halftime, Evan Couchot (Mason, Ohio) converted a penalty kick to give the Gulls a 1-0 lead.
In the second half, E. Couchot notched his second goal of the game at 68:32 when he carried the ball into the box, flicked it up over a defender and took a hard shot into the right corner of the net.
Less than 10 minutes later, Michael Oliveira (Waterville, Maine) converted a free kick just outside the box to cut the deficit to 2-1.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- Jack Bacon (Lincoln, R.I.) earned the start in net and recorded two saves.
- The Gulls held a 19-12 shot advantage.
- Endicott also held a slight 6-4 advantage on corner opportunities.
- Badji's assist was the first of his career at Endicott.
- James Lee (Sudbury, Mass.) made three saves during the loss.
Endicott (6-4-2, 3-0-2 CCC) travels to Gordon College on Tuesday, October 9 at 7 PM. Roger Williams (12-1-0, 2-1-0 CCC) hosts Salve Regina at 7 PM on Wednesday, October 10.
(Photo Credit - David Le '10)