BEVERLY, Mass.- The Endicott men's soccer team welcomed the University of New England to Hempstead Stadium on Wednesday evening and came away with a 4-1 win.
The Nor'easters struck first just over one minute into the contest on a tally from Dan Good (Hampden, Maine) to take the early 1-0 lead.
Endicott controlled the majority of play, which paid off at 37:13 when Arian Pilja (Arlington, Mass.) netted his second goal of the season on a free kick from the top of the box to tie the game 1-1.
The Gulls continued the offensive pressure in the second half and saw three unanswered goals.
Alex Vuksta (Hudson, Ohio) recorded his third of the season with some help from Jesse Martinez (Walpole, Mass.) and then Dario Neukom (Palma de Mallorca, Spain) made it a 3-1 game off a corner opportunity three minutes later.
In the 85th minute, Evan Couchot (Mason, Ohio) converted on a penalty kick to secure the 4-1 victory.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- Camden Stockdale (Durham, Conn.) recorded one save in net for his second win of the season.
- Couchot has now scored in six straight games and leads the CCC with 15 goals on the season.
- Pilja led the Gulls with a goal and an assist, while Martinez had two assists.
- The Gulls held a 17-8 shot advantage.
- Nathan Delesdernier (Niantic, Conn.) recorded eights saves during the loss.
Endicott (9-4-2, 6-0-2 CCC) will host No. 9 University of Rochester at 12 PM on Saturday, October 20th. UNE (5-10-0, 2-4-0 CCC) travels to Western New England on Saturday, October 20th for a 12 PM start.
(Photo Credit - David Le '10)