BEVERLY, Mass. — Endicott senior forward Evan Couchot (Mason, Ohio) scored a program-record four goals to lead the Gulls past Thomas (Me.), 5-1, on Saturday night in the North Shore Invitational at Hempstead Stadium.
Meanwhile, sophomore Connor Ross (Atkinson, N.H.) also found his name on the scoresheet for Endicott when he headed home a tally off an assist from classmate Matthew Cronin (Glastonbury, Conn.) 16 minutes into the contest to make it 2-0, at the time.
The Gulls controlled the majority of the possession outshooting the Terriers 33-12.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- Couchot, Gabriel Chaves (Secaucus, N.J.), and Arian Pilja (Arlington, Mass.) were all named to the North Shore Invitational All-Tournament Team.
- Representing Thomas on the North Shore Invitational All-Tournament Team was Zenawi Bowen (St. George's, Bermuda), while Brody Veleber (Coatesville, Pa.), Brett Ramsey (Delton, Fla.), and Travis Singh (Fort Lauderdale, Fla.) were Gordon College's picks.
- Endicott is now 2-0-0 all-time against the Terriers.
- Thomas was picked as the preseason favorite for the North Atlantic Conference (NAC).
- Endicott freshman goalkeeper Zach Regulbuto (Somers, Conn.) earned his first career collegiate victory behind two saves.
- Thomas has won two NAC championships in the last four seasons prior to 2019 (2015, 2018).
- Chaves and Pilja assisted on Couchot's third goal of tonight's contest. It was Chaves' first collegiate assist and Pilja's fourth career helper.
Endicott (1-1-0) hosts No. 23 nationally ranked Connecticut College on Tuesday, September 10 at 7 PM. Thomas (0-2-0) visits Colby College on Wednesday, September 4 at 4 PM.
(Photo Credit - David Le '10)