BEVERLY, Mass. – The Endicott men's soccer team defeated crosstown rival Gordon College, 4-0, on Saturday afternoon in the quarterfinal round of the Commonwealth Coast Conference (CCC) Tournament at Hempstead Stadium.
Meanwhile, Zach Regulbuto (Somers, Conn.) made five saves to push his record to 11-5-2 overall on the season. The clean sheet for Regulbuto also was his ninth of the year.
As a team, Endicott doubled up Gordon in shots 32-16, which included an 11-5 differential in shots on goal. The Gulls also held a 9-3 advantage in corner kicks.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- The Gulls have won four in a row against Gordon.
- During that span, Endicott has outscored the Fighting Scots, 11-2 (three shutouts).
- With the win today, Head coach Joe Calabrese earned his 100th career victory at Endicott.
- Couchot is now two points shy of tying Mike Francis' program record of 46 set during the 1998 season.
- With today's goal, Couchot is the only student-athlete in program history to score 20 goals in a single season.
Second-seeded Endicott (11-5-2) will host the winner of third-seeded Wentworth and sixth-seeded Roger Williams on Tuesday, November 5 at a time to be determined later. Gordon's 2019 season comes to a close at 5-11-2.
(Photo Credit - David Le '10)