BEVERLY, Mass. – The Endicott men's tennis team defeated Southern Maine, 9-0, on Friday evening to remain undefeated on the season (3-0).
Endicott only dropped six games in total between singles and doubles action against the Huskies (0-1), and also saw Eric Pierce (Barrington, R.I.) claim his second double-victory of the year. Pierce highlighted play for the Gulls with a 6-0, 6-2 win at No. 1 singles, and an 8-0 victory at No. 2 doubles with teammate Sam Salvas (Stowe, Vt.).
"Today's win was a nice way to cap off our fall slate of matches," said Endicott men's tennis head coach Jeremy Howard. "I'm looking forward to grinding through a few more practices next week before heading into the offseason with the team.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- Christopher Kirkpatrick (Newburyport, Mass.) and Justin Toler (Concord, Mass.) notched an 8-1 triumph at No. 1 doubles for the Gulls. It's their second victory as a pairing this season.
- Freshman Charles Book (Devon, Pa.) kept his winning streak alive at No. 2 singles with a 6-1, 6-1 win. Book is 3-0 overall on the season in singles play (1-0 at No. 2, 1-0 at No. 4, 1-0 at No. 5).
- Nicholas Eherts (New Milfordon, Conn.) posted a clean 6-0, 6-0 win at No. 3 singles, while Thomas Brent (Gorham, Maine) turned in a 6-1, 6-0 victory at No. 4.
- Eherts is 3-0 on the season in singles action with two of his wins coming at the No. 6 positions.
- Brent's win at No. 4 singles was the first of his collegiate career.
- Anthony Rinaldi (Attleboro Falls, Mass.) rounded out the list of winners for the Gulls with a 6-0, 6-0 decision in the No. 5 position.
- Today's No. 3 doubles match and No. 6 singles match were won by default.
Endicott (3-0) returns to action on Monday, March 20 at home against Salem State University at 3:30 p.m.