EASTON, Mass. – The Endicott men's tennis team fell to Stonehill College, an NCAA Division II program, by a 9-0 score on Sunday night inside the Sally Blair Ames Sports Complex.
Stonehill opened the match by taking all three doubles flights in respective order from the bottom to top spots – No. 3 (8-4), No. 2 (8-3), No. 1 (8-6) – before clinching the victory with triumphs at No. 5 (6-4, 6-3) and No. 3 singles (6-3, 6-2).
"We got beat in all three phases of the game today – serving, groundstrokes, and net play," said Endicott men's tennis head coach Jeremy Howard. "We have a lot of work to put in over the next few nights before moving on to St. Anselm."
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- Today's match was originally scheduled for September 27, 2016 but was rescheduled due to inclement weather.
- The Gulls had their three-match winning streak snapped with tonight's loss.
FOR THE FOES
- Tom Bellio (Saint Joseph, Mich.), Nikolay Lisichenok (Danvers, Mass.), Manu Ravichandrakumar (Chennai, India), Tom Buckley (Hebron, Conn.), and Jeffrey Gagnon (Providence, R.I.) were all double-winners for the Skyhawks.
- Gagnon and Ravichandrakumar's wins at No. 5 and No. 3 singles clinched the match for Stonehill.
- Dimitri Vlassov (Marblehead, Mass.) helped Gagnon to the Skyhawks' No. 3 doubles win, while Aaron Diamond (Moultonborough, N.H.) picked up an 8-3 victory at No. 6 singles.
Endicott (3-1) travels to St. Anselm for a non-conference match this coming Friday at 4 PM. Stonehill (2-1) takes on Cedarville (Ohio) University in Haines City, Fla. on Monday, March 6 at 8 AM.