BENNINGTON, Vt. – The Endicott men's volleyball team swept Southern Vermont, 3-0, on Wednesday night in a league matchup by scores of 25-7, 25-6, and 25-11 at the Mountaineer Athletic Center.
Reigning New England Collegiate Conference (NECC) Rookie of the Week Bryn Lipton (Rockford, Ill.) powered the Gulls' attack with a match-high 11 kills on 13 swings for a .692 hitting percentage. Lipton also added two service aces, three digs, and two block assists in the win.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- Endicott is currently on a six-match winning streak.
- The Gulls have not dropped a set since Saturday, February 4 (that's 18 sets won in a row).
- Tonight's match only featured one tied score and one lead change, both of which came in the third set.
FOR THE FOES
- Endicott held the reigning NECC Player of the Week Elmer Olivares (Miami, Fla.) to just three kills (team-high).
- Bryan Bernal (Riverside, Calif.) chipped in with one kill, four assists and four digs.
Endicott (10-8, 5-0 NECC) travels to Regis on Tuesday, March 14 for a conference matchup at 7 PM. Southern Vermont (3-12, 1-3 NECC) will play in the Keuka Invitational this weekend, beginning on Friday against the hosts at 6 PM.