WESTON, Mass. – The Endicott men's volleyball team bested Regis, 3-1, by scores of 25-16, 25-16, 25-27, and 25-18 on Thursday night in a New England Collegiate Conference (NECC) matchup at Higgins Court.
Endicott notched a season-high .325 hitting percentage (four-set match) to defeat the Pride and solidify its spot atop the NECC standings. The Gulls came into tonight's match with a 6-0 league record, while Regis checked in at 5-0.
Bryn Lipton (Rockford, Ill.) highlighted Endicott's play with a match-high 17 kills and 11 digs. Troy Riorden (Fairport, N.Y.) added 15 kills on just 23 attempts for a .652 hitting percentage, while Donovan Dey (Fairport, N.Y.) registered 10 kills, two digs, and two block assists.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- Endicott led from start-to-finish in the first two sets.
- Set four only saw three tied scores before the Gulls rattled off a 4-0 run with the scored tied at 3-3 and never looked back.
- Daniel Toth (Glenwood, N.J.) collected nine kills (.471), two assists, three digs, and three blocks (two solo). It marks the sixth straight match Toth has notched five kills or more and at least two blocks.
- The Gulls have now won three matches in as many days.
FOR THE FOES
- Marcos Aguirre (Norwalk, Calif.) led Regis with 11 kills (.208).
- Sean Bisnett (Oxnard, Calif.) had 10 kills, one assist, six digs, and three blocks (two solo).
- Drew Beimel (Redondo Beach, Calif.) produced nine kills, a .529 hitting percentage, and four digs.
- Joe Hanrahan (Coventry, R.I.) dished out 27 assists, and Christopher Fitta (Warwick, R.I.) rounded out the list of Regis' highlights with 12 digs.
Endicott (14-9, 7-0 NECC) takes on Newbury and Eastern Nazarene in a tri-match this Saturday in Brookline, Mass. at 11 AM and 1 PM, respectively. Regis (10-12, 5-1 NECC) visits Elms this Saturday at 1 PM.