FRANKLIN, Mass. – In their first ever meeting with New England Collegiate Conference (NECC) member Dean College, the Endicott men's volleyball team won in straight sets over the Bulldogs, 3-0 (25-13, 25-16, 25-17).
Sophomore outside Bryn Lipton (Rockford, Ill.) had a match-high eight kills while both senior Troy Riorden (Fairport, N.Y.) and sophomore Donovan Dey (Fairport, N.Y.) struck seven kills each to lead Endicott's offense. Five more kills by freshman middle Gabe Felicetti (Charlestown, R.I.) and another four from sophomore opposite Tim Fieseler (Bridgewater, N.J.) catapulted the Gulls to a .528 team hitting percentage.
Defensively, T. Riorden had a match-high 10 digs while junior libero Ryan Healy (Fair Lawn, N.J.) and three other players tied for the second most digs on the team with three.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- Tonight was Endicott's first-ever meeting with Dean. The two teams will meet again, in Beverly, in the regular season finale on April 7
- This was the third consecutive match in which Endicott hit over .500 as a team
- Dey led the team with two total blocks including one solo stop
FOR THE FOES
- Bulldogs freshman outside Diondre Gomes (Fairhaven, Mass.) led Dean with eight kills
- Dean senior middle Dean Bennett (Bloomfield, N.J.) contributed with four kills
- Setter Bobby Tetreault (Mattapoisett, Mass.) dished out 11 assists in the loss
Endicott (12-1, 3-0 NECC) will host NECC opponent Eastern Nazarene on Friday night at 7:00 PM in their next match. The Gulls will also hold Senior Day festivities prior to the start of the match. Dean (4-6, 0-2 NECC) hosts Emerson in non-conference action on Saturday, February 24 at 12:00 PM.
(Photo Credit - David Le '10)