BEVERLY, Mass. – The Endicott men's volleyball team turned in a 3-0 victory over Eastern Nazarene by scores of 25-9, 25-12, and 25-19 on Friday night at MacDonald Gymnasium.
Prior to the match, Endicott seniors Troy Riorden (Fairport, N.Y.), Adam Dake (Victor, N.Y.), and Amar Patel (Keene, N.H.) were all honored for their contributions towards the men's volleyball program and the Endicott community.
"The current group of seniors, in Troy, Adam, and Amar have continued to elevate the level of our program both off the court and in the classroom. By never settling both on the court and in the classroom, they have instilled a new level of accountability that has driven our program to new levels," said Endicott men's volleyball head coach George Chapell, Jr. '08. "We are grateful for everything that they have contributed over their time here and look forward to following their successes in the future."
Riorden shined on Senior Day as the outside/opposite notched his second double-double of the season via 12 kills (.429) and 10 digs (both match-highs). Meanwhile, Dake ran the offense via a match-high 22 assists on 35 attempts (.629).
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- Endicott is 3-0 all-time against Eastern Nazarene.
- Seth Braquet (Destrehan, La.) chipped in with five kills on five swings.
- Gabe Felicetti (Charlestown, R.I.) and Jacob Newman (Chester, N.H.) both hammered home four kills each.
- Doski went a perfect 6-for-6 on swing attempts.
- Four of Lipton's seven digs resulted directly into kills.
- Ryan Healy (Fair Lawn, N.J.) was a perfect 13-for-13 on serve-receive. Nine of his 13 serve-receive attempts culminated in a kill for the Gulls.
- As a team, Endicott hit .488 (50 kills, 10 errors, 82 attempts).
- In their last four matches, the Gulls have hit .488 or better (high of .588).
FOR THE FOES
- Kenny Sorensen (Quincy, Mass.) had six kills and six errors on 31 attempts. Sorensen is the reigning AVCA NCAA Division III National Player of the Week.
- Samuel Cueva (Swampscott, Mass.) chipped in with four kills.
- Matthew Tyree (Lansdale, Pa.) facilitated the offense with 15 assists alongside a team-high five digs.
Endicott (13-1, 4-0 NECC) travels to Newbury College on Wednesday, February 28 at 7 PM. Eastern Nazarene (6-7, 1-2 NECC) hosts Southern Vermont next Wednesday at 7 PM.
(Photo Credit - David Le '10)