BROOKLINE, Mass. — The Endicott men's volleyball team posted a 3-0 victory over Newbury College on Wednesday night by scores of 25-10, 25-18, and 25-14 at Pappas Gymnasium on the campus of Hellenic College.
Troy Riorden (Fairport, N.Y.), Jeremy Doski (Sandy Hook, Conn.), and Tim Fieseler (Bridgewater, N.J.) paced the Gulls with seven kills apiece. Meanwhile, Erich Roman (Glastonbury, Conn.) and Gabe Felicetti (Charlestown, R.I.) both notched five kills each to aid Endicott to their seventh straight victory.
As a team, the Gulls compiled 46 kills and hit .405 for the match. Devin Racey (Voorheesville, N.Y.) played a pivotal role in running the offense as the junior setter dished out a match-high 17 assists (17-of-21, .810). Chad Riorden (Fairport, N.Y.) and Adam Dake (Victor, N.Y.) also chipped in with 10 assists, respectively.
Tonight's match only featured four tied scores and two lead changes.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- Endicott's 14-1 start to the 2018 season is the best start in program history through 15 matches.
- Endicott also is 31-10 all-time against Newbury.
- The Gulls have won 15 straight matches versus the Nighthawks.
- Ryan Healy (Fair Lawn, N.J.) registered a match-high nine digs. Healy also had nine of his receptions lead to kills (.562) and five of his nine digs correlate directly to kills (.556).
- Overall, Healy was a perfect 16-for-16 on serve-receive in the match.
FOR THE FOES
- Trevor Thorne (Oxford, Conn.) and Alvin Fernandes (Taunton, Mass.) tied for the team-high in kills with four.
- Jeremias Soto (Lawrence, Mass.) had 16 assists, which marks the 12th time this season he has recorded double-digit assists for the Nighthawks.
- Oscar Chavez (Independence, Ore.) tallied a team-high six digs.
Endicott (14-1, 5-0 NECC) hosts Elms this Saturday at 1 PM. Newbury (2-10, 1-2 NECC) takes on Dean College and Mount Ida College this Saturday at Pappas Gymnasium at 11 AM and 3 PM, respectively.
(Photo Credit - David Le '10)