QUINCY, Mass. — The Endicott men's volleyball team extended its winning streak to nine straight matches on Thursday night with a 3-0 conference victory over Eastern Nazarene by scores of 25-16, 25-14, and 25-10.
Endicott hit .360 or better in every set - including a match-high .727 in set two via 16 kills, 0 errors, and 22 attempts - to run away with the win against the Lions.
Jeremy Doski (Sandy Hook, Conn.) guided the Gulls with a match-high 10 kills (.333). Troy Riorden (Fairport, N.Y.) chipped in with nine kills on 13-errorless swings (.692), while Bryn Lipton (Rockford, Ill.) added six kills and four digs.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- The Gulls are 4-0 in the all-time series against Eastern Nazarene.
- Endicott has never lost a set versus the Lions.
- The Gulls' second set dominance (16K-0E-22TA) in tonight's match marks the second time this season they have not recorded an error in a set (Mt. St. Vincent, fifth set, 8K-0E-12TA, W 3-2, 1/27/18).
FOR THE FOES
- Kenny Sorensen (Quincy, Mass.) was held to a .000 hitting percentage on six kills, six errors, and 28 attempts.
- Matthew Tyree (Lansdale, Pa.) dished out 15 assists.
- Samuel Cueva (Swampscott, Mass.) ranked second on the team in kills with five on nine total swings (.444).
Endicott (16-1, 7-0 NECC) hosts Newbury College this Saturday at 1 PM. Eastern Nazarene (9-10, 4-4 NECC) travels to Southern Vermont this Saturday for a conference matchup at 1 PM.
(Photo Credit - David Le '10)