BIDDEFORD, Maine – For the second straight season, the Endicott men's cross country team placed second overall at the Commonwealth Coast Conference (CCC) Championships, tying its best finish in program history in the league once again.
Wentworth Institute of Technology (WIT) claimed first place honors on the 8-kilometer course with 37 points, while Endicott followed in second (71), Roger Williams third (82), host University of New England fourth (92), and Gordon fifth (131). The final four teams consisted of Salve Regina (148), Nichols (175), Western New England (223) and Eastern Nazarene (282), in that exact order.
Individually for the Gulls, Zach Marshall (Hinesburg, Vt.) and Will Connelly (Barrington, R.I.) earned All-Conference honors with their fourth (27:29.4) and eighth (28:10.8) place finishes, respectively. Meanwhile, Patrick Finocchiaro (Salem, N.H.) and Brian King (Stow, Mass.) crossed the finish line in back-to-back spots (17th, 29:05.3; 18th, 29:05.7), while Jack McGuire (Hopkinton, Mass.) rounded out the top-5 in 24th place (29:29.0).
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
- Marshall earned All-Conference honors for the third straight season.
- Connelly produced his first career All-Conference honor.
- In 2001, Endicott finished second at the CCC Championships behind Roger Williams, and also claimed runner-up honors to Wentworth last season.
- In 1999, the Gulls finished second behind Gordon but that race was considered an invitational by CCC historical standards).
- Wentworth won its third straight CCC title today.
Endicott returns to action on Saturday, November 11 at the NCAA Division III New England Regionals held in Gorham, Maine at the Gorham Country Club.
(Photo credit - Conner Grant '18)