OSCEOLA COUNTY, Fla. – The Endicott softball team defeated Mt. St. Mary (N.Y.), 5-0, and Marian (Wis.), 4-2, on day one of its spring break trip.
ENDICOTT 5, MT. ST. MARY (N.Y.) 0
Maggie Oram (Lexington, Mass.) earned the win (1-0) on seven shutout innings, two hits, zero walks and four strikeouts.
Oram recorded five 1-2-3 innings, only allowed two runners to reach scoring position, and retired the last 13 batters she faced in order to end the game.
Meanwhile, Madison Mucci (Danvers, Mass.) highlighted the Gulls offensively with a three RBI day. Mucci drove in her first run with a sac fly in the sixth (2-0) and plated two more in the seventh via a single to second base (5-0).
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- Lauren Misiaszek (Londonderry, N.H.) went 2-for-4 with three runs scored out of the fifth spot in the lineup. She recorded her first career hit and run scored in the second and her first career extra-base hit, a triple, in the sixth.
- This was the first-ever meeting between Endicott and Mt. St. Mary (N.Y.)
ENDICOTT 4, MARIAN (WIS.) 2
Michaela Hamill (Lynn, Mass.) picked up the victory (1-0) on seven innings of work, four hits, two runs (both earned), one free pass, and a game-high five strikeouts.
After Marian (Wis.) took a 2-0 lead in the top of the third, Endicott answered right back in the bottom half of the frame with an RBI double from Jamie Hopgood (Warwick, R.I.) and a run-scoring single by Adrianna Favreau (Tewksbury, Mass.).
The Gulls eventually broke up the tied game in the sixth inning as Hannah Llewellyn (Danvers, Mass.) plated Carly Marchitto (Orange, Conn.) from third base, while Hopgood drove home Llewellyn later in the frame with a RBI single to center.
Marchitto got the offense going in the inning with a leadoff triple down the right field line for her first career collegiate hit.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- Despite giving up two runs in the third inning, Hamill's ability to limit the damage in the frame - which began with a bases loaded, no out jam - paved the way for Endicott's comeback win.
- The Gulls' 1-5 hitters went 11-for-19 with two runs scored, and three RBI.
- Endicott did not strikeout once in the contest.
- Gina DeMilt (Princeton, N.J.) went 5-for-7 with one run scored and a walk, combined, in both games out of the two-hole. She was 2-for-3 with one run scored and a walk in game one, and 3-for-4 in game two.
- This was the first-ever meeting between Endicott and Marian (Wis.).
Endicott (2-0) is scheduled to play Framingham State (11:30 AM) and Bowdoin (1:45) tomorrow in Clermont, Florida at Legends Way Field 5.
(Photo Credit - Endicott Sports Information)