CASTINE, Maine- The Endicott women's basketball team cruised to a 94-50 win over Maine-Presque Isle on Sunday afternoon in the consolation game of the Pepsi Mariner Challenge hosted by Maine Maritime Academy in Castine, Maine.
The Gulls trailed just once, as the Owls scored the opening basket of the game, but soon stepped on the gas and never look back as Endicott had six players reach double-digits in points en route to the team's first victory of the season.
Sophomore forward Hannah Shaw (Bar Harbor, Maine) recorded a double-double with 12 points, and 11 rebounds to lead Endicott.
Senior guard Kelsey Cuddy (Madison, Conn.) tallied a game-high 19 points and five assists.
Sophomore guard Hannah Kiernan (Wenham, Mass.) was named to Pepsi Mariner Challenge All-Tournament Team.
BEYOND THE BOX
- The Owls outshot the Gulls from the free throw line, 68.4% to 66.7%, but the Gulls shot better from the floor averaging 46.3% for the entire game.
- The Gulls forced 35 turnovers and turned them into a healthy 46 points.
- 28 points in quarter is a season-high for the Gulls.
- Keirnan chipped in 17 points, four rebounds and five assists.
- Junior guard Ilyza Holman (Ashland, Mass.) and junior forward Sarah Hood (Burlington, Mass.) each added 12 points.
- Sophomore guard Gabriella Coppola (Watertown, Mass.) added 10 points for the Gulls, and five helpers.
FOR THE FOES
- Junior guard Kylee Alton (Burnham, Maine) led the way for the Owls with 13 points including 2-3 from behind the arc, six rebounds and a steal.
- Junior forward Amanda Hotham (Fort Fairfield, Maine) led the team with nine boards, and added nine points.
The Gulls (1-1) will take on Keene State on Tuesday, November 24 at 5:00 p.m. in Endicott's home opener. The Owls (0-2) return to action on Saturday, November 21 at Susquehanna.