BEVERLY, Mass.- The Endicott women's basketball team secured a 69-51 victory over Eastern Nazarene College in Commonwealth Coast Conference (CCC) action Saturday afternoon at MacDonald Gymnasium behind the effort of three double-digit scorers.
With the win, the Gulls improved to 3-2 overall, 2-0 in conference play, while Eastern Nazarene dropped to (4-4, 0-2 CCC) on the season.
Endicott led 20-10 after the first quarter and took a 37-25 advantage into the break and outscored the Lions in every quarter except for the third.
The Lions put together a 5-0 run spanning 2:16 in the third to pull to within five on a sophomore guard Jaysa Cooper (Frisco, Texas) layup to make it 39-34 with 04:55 remaining in the quarter.
The Gulls placed three student-athletes in double-figures tonight, as senior guard Kelsey Cuddy (Madison, Conn.) paced the squad with a game-high 21, while sophomore forward Hannah Shaw (Bar Harbor, Maine) tallied a season-high 17 points and sophomore guard Gabriella Coppola (Watertown, Mass.) chipped in 10 points to go with a team-leading eight rebounds.
BEYOND THE BOX
- The Gulls' largest lead of the game 69-48 (21 points) came with 1:41 remaining in the fourth quarter on a Shaw layup.
- Cuddy has recorded double-digit points in every game this season.
- Cuddy recorded five blocks in a single game for the second time in her career to rank tied for eighth all-time on most blocks shots in a single game.
- Eastern Nazarene out-rebounded Endicott, 40-39.
- Every student-athlete in the Gulls' lineup today contributed points for just the second time this season.
FOR THE FOES
- Junior guard BreAnna Fraser (Henderson, Nev.) led the Lions with 15 points.
- Cooper added nine points along with a team-leading eight boards.
- The Lions outscored the Gulls, 16-12, in the third quarter.
- Endicott is 18-5 all-time and 12-0 at home against Eastern Nazarene dating back prior to the 2002 season.
- The Gulls have won six of the last seven meetings against the Lions.
- In the most previous meeting before today, Endicott downed ENC, 69-49, on 02/19/15 in Beverly, Mass.
The Gulls (3-2, 2-0 CCC) will host Salve Regina University on Tuesday, December 8 at 7:30 p.m. Eastern Nazarene (4-4, 0-2 CCC) hosts Gordon College on Tuesday, December 8 at 5:00 p.m.