BEVERLY, Mass.- The Endicott women's basketball team squared off in a battle of the CCC unbeaten Tuesday night at MacDonald Gymnasium and celebrated a 74-60 victory against visiting Salve Regina University behind a 22-point effort from sophomore forward Hannah Shaw (Bar Harbor, Maine).
With the win, the Gulls improved to 4-2 overall, 3-0 in conference play, while Salve Regina fell to (3-6, 2-1 CCC) on the season.
Shaw poured in a season-high 22 points with six rebounds in 19 minutes of play as she made 7-of-9 from the field and 8-of-10 at the free throw line.
Senior guard Kelsey Cuddy (Madison, Conn.) chipped in 14 points to go with nine rebounds, eight assists and five steals.
BEYOND THE BOX
- The Gulls' largest lead of the game (16 points) came with 0:20 remaining in the fourth quarter on a Shaw converted free throw.
- Shaw's 22 points tonight were her second-most all-time. (Career-high 31 points came in a 81-73 loss to Nichols on Feb. 1, 2015).
- Cuddy has recorded double-digit points in every game this season to stretch her double-digit scoring streak to six games.
- Endicott out-rebounded Salve Regina, 54-22, the team's largest rebound differential to date.
- Sophomore guard Gabriella Coppola (Watertown, Mass.) and sophomore guard Hannah Kiernan (Wenham, Mass.) added 12 points (four assists, four steals) and 13 points (seven rebounds), respectively, as the Gulls placed four student-athletes in double figures.
FOR THE FOES
- Senior guard Meaghan Harden (Sandwich, Mass.) led the floor with 24 points, as she converted 9-of-18 field goals and was a perfect 4-for-4 at the charity stripe.
- The Seahawks led just once in the game, up 13-11 with 3:35 to play in the first quarter.
- Endicott is 11-15 all-time and 9-3 at home against Salve Regina dating back prior to the 2002 season.
- The Gulls have won four of the past five meetings and split last season.
- The Gulls won 70-67 (OT) in the most recent meeting on Feb. 3, 2015.
The Gulls (4-2, 3-0 CCC) will host MIT on Thursday, December 10 at 7:00 p.m. The Seahawks (3-6, 2-1 CCC) are off until a December 30 road contest at Middlebury at 4:00 p.m.