BEVERLY, Mass.- The Endicott women's basketball team defeated visiting Salem St., 67-39, in non-conference action Saturday afternoon at MacDonald Gymnasium.
With the win, the Gulls closed out the 2015 campaign and head into the holiday break at 5-3 overall while Salem St. fell to 3-6 on the season.
The Gulls led 22-12 after the first quarter and took a 40-16 lead into the break after going on a 6-0 run spanning 3:50 and outscored the Vikings 18-4 in the second quarter.
Salem St. tried to narrow the gap in the third quarter, as the Vikings fought for 14 points, but Endicott shut the door, leading by as much as 28 with 1:43 remaining in the game.
BEYOND THE BOX
- Endicott placed three student-athletes in double figures as Kelsey Cuddy (Madison, Conn.) had 15 and Gabriella Coppola (Watertown, Mass.) andHannah Kiernan (Wenham, Mass.) each chipped in 13.
- Cuddy has recorded double-digit points in every game this season to stretch her double-digit scoring streak to eight games.
- The Gulls out-rebounded the Vikings, 61 to 33, as sophomore forward Hannah Shaw (Bar Harbor, Maine) led the way with 12, followed by eight from senior forward Caity Lowry (Quincy, Mass.) and Cuddy and seven from Coppola.
- 23 offensive rebounds is the team's second-highest total so far this season as Shaw grabbed seven off the glass to give the Gulls another chance. (24 in the team's 74-60 win over Salve Regina on December 8th).
FOR THE FOES
- Salem St. dropped its fourth straight game.
- Senior captain Malissa Saad (Worcester, Mass.) paced the team with 12 points and two assists.
- Freshman forward Tyra Scott (Methuen, Mass.) led the team with seven rebounds and added six points.
- Endicott is 5-8 all-time and 2-5 at home against Salem St. dating back to 2004.
- The Gulls have won four of the past six meetings.
- The Gulls won 89-58 road victory in the most recent meeting before today on Dec. 13, 2014.
The Gulls (5-3, 3-0 CCC) are off until they tip off 2016 at Brandeis University on Saturday, January 2 at 1:00 p.m. Salem St. (3-6, 0-0 MASCAC) hosts Vassar College in the Salem St. Holiday Classic on Tuesday, December 29 at 4:00 p.m.