BEVERLY, Mass. – Senior guard Kelsey Cuddy (Madison, Conn.) recorded her second double-double of the season (game-high 21 points, game-high 12 rebounds) in the Endicott women's basketball team's 65-42 win over visiting Curry College Tuesday night inside MacDonald Gymnasium.
Curry built a 17-10 edge in the first quarter with 3:59 to play for their largest lead of the game, but Endicott used a 27-0 run spanning nearly the next 13 minutes to take a commanding 37-17 advantage on Cuddy's layup with 1:54 remaining in the first half.
Endicott went into halftime up 37-21 as Cuddy led the floor with 15 points and never looked back as the Gulls extended their lead to as much as 25 points with 1:53 left in the third quarter.
Eight different Gulls scored as the team cruised to its fourth consecutive win.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- Cuddy tied a career-high with 12 rebounds.
- Cuddy has six games this season with 20+ points.
- Junior forward Sarah Hood (Burlington, Mass.) chipped in 10 points for her eighth game this season in double figures.
- Sophomore guard Gabriella Coppola (Watertown, Mass.) was just shy of a triple-double as she added six points, nine rebounds and nine assists.
- The Gulls are on a season-high four-game win streak.
FOR THE FOES
- Senior center/forward Shannon Griffith (West Hartford, Conn.) and senior guard/forward Kerry White (Windham, N.H.) grabbed a team-leading eight rebounds apiece.
- Freshman guard Emily Irwin (Billerica, Mass.) scored a team-leading 13 points.
- Endicott is 22-6 all-time and 12-1 at home versus Curry dating back prior to the 2002 season.
- The Gulls won, 77-62, in Milton, Mass. in the most recent meeting before today on Jan. 5, 2016.
Both teams hit the hardwood again on Saturday, February 6 at 1:00 p.m. Endicott (13-7, 11-2 CCC) heads to Roger Williams, while Curry (9-11, 6-7 CCC) hosts the University of New England.