BEVERLY, Mass. – Junior forward Sarah Hood (Burlington, Mass.) recorded her first career double-double (13 points, career-high 11 boards) in the Endicott women's basketball team's 60-44 win over visiting Gordon College in a Commonwealth Coast Conference (CCC) contest Saturday afternoon inside MacDonald Gymnasium.
The Gulls got on the scoreboard first with a jumper from senior forward Caity Lowry (Quincy, Mass.) at the 9:38 mark of the first quarter.
Gordon tied it with sophomore forward Sophie Linnell's (Richmond,Va.) layup 13 seconds later for the only tied score of the day.
It was all Endicott the rest of the way as the team's 13-9 edge at the end of the quarter turned into a 30-19 lead at halftime.
Hood and junior guard Ilyza Holman (Ashland, Mass.) led the way with six points apiece in the first half.
The Gulls maintained a double-digit margin all throughout the second half and led by as much as 23 on senior guard Kelsey Cuddy's (Madison, Conn.) three-pointer with 1:53 remaining in the game.
Cuddy paced all Endicott scorers with 14 points, to go with four rebounds, four assists, and one block.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- The Gulls placed one more student-athlete in double-figures sophomore guard Gabriella Coppola (Watertown, Mass.) added 10 points and seven rebounds in addition to Hood's and Cuddy's afternoon in double digits.
- Endicott won the battle off the glass, 42-33.
- The Gulls out-scored Gordon in every quarter.
- 17 offensive rebounds for Endicott was its most since the team grabbed 24 against Salem St. on Dec. 12, 2015.
- Endicott forced 15 Gordon turnovers and turned those into 10 points.
FOR THE FOES
- Linnell paced all scorers with 16 points and led Gordon with nine rebounds.
- Sophomore forward Kristen Smith (Littleton, Mass.) chipped in nine points and four rebounds.
- The Fighting Scots have lost 12 of their last 13 games.
- Endicott is 22-10 all-time and 12-4 at home versus Gordon dating back prior to the 2002 season.
- The Gulls won the most recent meeting before today, 81-50, in Wenham, Mass. on Jan. 16, 2016.
- Endicott has won the past 18 consecutive head-to-head matchups.
Both teams are back in action on Tuesday, February 16, as the Gulls (14-9, 12-4 CCC) host Wentworth at 5:30 p.m. on "Team IMPACT/You're With Us" Night, while Gordon (5-18, 1-15 CCC) hosts Nichols at 7:30 p.m.