BIDDEFORD, Maine – The Endicott women's basketball team was handed a close 66-63 loss by the University of New England on Saturday afternoon in Harold Alfond Forum.
UNE took a quick lead, but Endicott kept it close as the Nor'easters held a slight 16-11 lead after the first quarter of play.
The Gulls upped the pressure and brought the score to within two points (28-26) heading into halftime.
The Nor'easters accumulated a ten point cushion throughout the third period to lead 48-38 by the end of the third frame.
Endicott attempted a late rally in the last minute of the fourth quarter but fell just short as UNE held onto the 66-63 victory.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- Kaleigh Putnam (Wallingford, Conn.) also had a double-digit scoring effort as she recorded 12 points.
- Kiernan led the team in rebounds with 13.
- Gabriella Coppola (Watertown, Mass.) dished out five assists throughout the game.
FOR THE FOES
- Olivia Shaw (Saco, Maine) led the team in both points (18) and rebounds (11).
- Ashley Coneys (Dover, N.H.) contributed 17 points, while Sam MacDonald (Lebanon, N.H.) added 13.
- MacDonald also pulled down nine rebounds.
- The Nor'easters held a 46-39 rebound advantage.
Endicott (8-8, 6-4 CCC) hosts Wesleyan (Conn.) on Monday, Jan. 22 at 6:00 p.m. UNE (12-3, 8-1 CCC) travels to Saint Joseph's (Maine) for a 6:00 p.m. contest on Monday, Jan. 22.
(Photo Credit - David Le '10)