BEVERLY, Mass. – The Endicott women's basketball team led wire-to-wire in its 74-54 conference victory over Eastern Nazarene on Saturday afternoon at MacDonald Gymnasium.
Gabriella Coppola (Watertown, Mass.) filled the stat sheet for the Gulls with 13 points (5-for-11 FG, 2-4 3PT, 1-2 FT), six steals, three blocks (career-high), three assists, and two steals.
Meanwhile, Cassandra Stapelfeld (Brookline, N.H.) paced all scorers with 15 points, and Hannah Kiernan (Wenham, Mass.) added 14 points and five rebounds. Kaleigh Putnam (Wallingford, Conn.) rounded out the list of individual highlights with 11 points, eight boards, two assists, and a pair of blocks.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- The Gulls led by as many as 28 points (53-25) with 5:48 remaining in the third quarter.
- Endicott is 23-6 against Eastern Nazarene in the all-time series.
- The Gulls shot 50-percent or better in each of the first three quarters and finished at 50-percent even (30-for-60) for the game.
FOR THE FOES
- Alyssa Cosio Murillo (Santa Barbara, Calif.) guided the Lions with 11 points.
- Tia Torio (Manteca, Calif.) contributed nine points and six rebounds.
- Shelby Holmes (Seeley Lake, Mont.) posted six points and a team-high nine rebounds.
- Seniesha Sekaquaptewa (Scottsdale, Ariz.) also had nine points and four boards.
Endicott (12-9, 10-4 CCC) hosts Gordon College on Wednesday, February 7 at 5:30 PM. Eastern Nazarene (10-11, 4-10 CCC) welcomes Roger Williams to its campus next Wednesday at 5:30 PM.
(Photo Credit - David Le '10)