BEVERLY, Mass. – The Endicott women's basketball team defeated Wentworth, 95-56, in a conference matchup on Saturday afternoon at MacDonald Gymnasium on Senior Day.
Prior to the game, seniors Gabriella Coppola (Watertown, Mass.), Hannah Kiernan (Wenham, Mass.), Sam Charette (Wenham, Mass.), and Hannah Shaw (Bar Harbor, Maine) were all honored for their contributions to the women's basketball program and the Endicott community.
Coppola paced Endicott with a near triple-double on 19 points, 11 assists, and seven rebounds to go along with three steals and a block. Meanwhile, Emily Pratt (Gardner, Mass.) compiled 18 points, and Charette notched 14 points and six rebounds.
Endicott also received 12 points from Kaleigh Putnam (Wallingford, Conn.) and 11 points via Mikaela Rogers (Haverhill, Mass.). Kiernan also finished with nine points, four rebounds, and three assists.
The Gulls led wire-to-wire as the hosts started the contest on an 11-2 run and cruised to victory the rest of the way. Pratt paced Endicott with four points – which included jumpers to start and end the spurt (9:17 | 5:10), while Kiernan sank one free throw and Charette and Coppola swished three-pointers at 6:39 (6-0 lead) and 5:51 (9-2 lead), respectively.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- Endicott produced a season-high 95 points in today's win.
- The Gulls' 95-point effort is tied for fourth all-time in program history.
- Endicott is now 7-5 at home this season.
FOR THE FOES
- Stephanie Mini (Topsfield, Mass.) guided the Leopards with a team-high 12 points.
- Courtney McCormick (Hanson, Mass.) added 10 points, four rebounds, and an assist.
- Haley Sabino (Topsfield, Mass.) chipped in with six points, five rebounds, an assist and a steal.
- Michelle McCloskey (Madison, Conn.) had four points, three rebounds, three assists, and two blocks.
- Erin Morton (Norway, Maine) contributed six points, four rebounds, five assists, and three swipes.
Endicott (14-9, 12-4 CCC) hosts Salve Regina University on Tuesday, February 13 at 7:30 PM. Wentworth (2-21, 1-15 CCC) welcomes Western New England University to its campus next Tuesday at 5:30 PM.
(Photo Credit - Nick Grace)