DARTMOUTH, Mass. — The Endicott women's basketball team earned a 71-62 victory over Coast Guard on Sunday afternoon in the consolation game of the 21st Annual Lafrance Hospitality Classic, hosted by UMass Dartmouth.
Trailing 54-53 with 8:33 remaining in the contest, the Gulls went on an 18-8 run to pull away from Coast Guard.
Mikaela Rogers (Haverhill, Mass.) led the charge for Endicott with eight points during the run, while Kaleigh Putnam (Wallingford, Conn.) contributed four points and Shannon Gilbert (Easton, Conn.) and Emily Pratt (Gardner, Mass.) added three points each.
Overall, Putnam finished with a game-high and career-high 22 points (6-11 FG, 0-3 3PT, 10-10 FT) to go along with two rebounds, six assists (team-high), and two blocks. Rogers also notched 16 points, six rebounds, and one assist in the win, while Pratt had 15 points.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- Today's matchup was the first meeting between the two programs since March 8, 2008.
- Putnam was named to the Lafrance Hospitality Classic All-Tournament Team.
- In two games played in the tournament, Putnam registered 27 points, 13 assists, 10 rebounds, two steals, and two blocks.
- Endicott shot a season-high 40.7-percent from the field (22-for-54).
- The Gulls' 24 made free throws ranks tied for 10th all-time in program history.
Endicott (1-2) travels to Keene State on Tuesday, November 20 at 5 PM. Coast Guard (1-3) visits Connecticut College on Sunday, November 25 at 1 PM.
(Photo Credit - Nick Grace)