KEENE, N.H. — The Endicott women's basketball team traveled to Keene State on Tuesday evening and came away with a 58-49 win.
The Owls went on a 7-0 run to start the first quarter but the Gulls came back to tie the game at 10-10 by the end of the frame. Keene and Endicott continued to battle in the second quarter, but the Owls took a 23-18 advantage at the half.
There were several ties and lead changes throughout the third and fourth quarters, but with under four minutes remaining the Gulls gained the lead for good and went on to secure the 58-49 victory.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- Leading the Gulls offensively were Emily Pratt (Gardner, Mass.) and Kaleigh Putnam (Wallingford, Conn.) with 22 and 19 points, respectively.
- Lexi Gellerman (West Hartford, Conn.) pulled down a team-leading 13 rebounds during the contest.
- The Owls saw 10 points from both Jasmin Mitchell (Meriden, Conn.) and Abby Thut (North Ferrisburg, Vt.).
- Thut also led Keene State in rebounds with eight.
- The Gulls have now won the last three meetings against the Owls.
Endicott (2-2) hosts Curry on Wednesday, November 28 at 7:30 PM. Keene State (1-4) welcomes Regis (Mass.) at 2 PM on Sunday, November 25.
(Photo Credit - David Le '10)