BEVERLY, Mass. — The Endicott women's basketball team hosted Western New England and posted a 62-55 victory to start the new year on Thursday evening.
The Gulls took an early 6-0 lead in the first three minutes of the contest and never looked back, as Endicott led wire to wire.
Endicott outscored WNE, 18-0, in the paint in the first quarter which greatly attributed to the Gulls' 20-14 lead at the end of the frame.
Heading into halftime, Endicott held a slight 33-29 advantage.
The Golden Bears continued to fight in the third quarter, coming within two points of the Gulls with just under five minutes remaining.
However, Endicott stood strong throughout the remainder of the contest to secure the 62-55 win.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- Emily Pratt (Gardner, Mass.) paced the Endicott offense with 19 points, while Mikaela Rogers (Haverhill, Mass.) was close behind with a season and career-high 18.
- Lexi Gellerman (West Hartford, Conn.) pulled down a team-leading eight rebounds.
- Pratt tied a program record for free throws made in a single game (11) and set a new program record for free throws attempted in a single game (16).
- Endicott held the Golden Bears to a season-low in both field goal percentage (25.4) and three-point percentage (23.1).
- Emily Farrell (New Fairfield, Conn.) led WNE with 11 points, while Lauren Chadwick (Gardiner, Maine) added 10.
- Emily Scurka (Billerica, Mass.) recorded a team-high eight rebounds.
Endicott (7-5, 3-0 CCC) hosts Roger Williams on Saturday, January 5 at 1 PM. Western New England (8-3, 3-1 CCC) hosts the University of New England at 1 PM on Saturday, January 5.
(Photo Credit - Nick Grace)