BEVERLY, Mass. — The Endicott women's basketball team welcomed Roger Williams to MacDonald Gymnasium on Saturday afternoon and came away with a 58-52 victory.
The Gulls jumped out to a quick 12-2 lead in the opening five minutes of the first quarter, but the Hawks cut that advantage to 16-12 by the end of the frame.
Endicott continued to pressure offensively to stretch the lead out to 36-23 at the half.
Roger Williams wouldn't go down without a fight in the third quarter as they managed to cut the deficit to just eight points with only ten minutes remaining to be played.
The Hawks then went on a 10-0 run (7:36-00:26) in the fourth quarter to pull within one point of the lead. Endicott responded with five made free throws in the final 23 seconds of play to secure the 58-52 win.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- Emily Pratt (Gardner, Mass.) and Kaleigh Putnam (Wallingford, Conn.) led the Endicott offense with 16 points each.
- Mikaela Rogers (Haverhill, Mass.) pulled down a team-high 11 rebounds along with 10 points.
- Emma Tierney (Wolfeboro, N.H.) tied her season-high in blocks with five.
- Leading the Hawks offensively was Sam Mancinelli (Peabody, Mass.) with 19 points and six steals.
- Karli Opalka (Southbury, Conn.) recorded 12 rebounds throughout the contest.
- Roger Williams held a slight 38-37 rebound advantage.
Endicott (8-5, 4-0 CCC) travels to Wentworth on Tuesday, January 8 at 5:30 PM. Roger Williams (4-10, 2-3 CCC) hosts Curry at 5:30 PM on Tuesday, January 8.
(Photo Credit - Nick Grace)