BOSTON, Mass. — The Endicott women's basketball team traveled to Wentworth for a Commonwealth Coast Conference (CCC) contest and walked away with a hard-fought 68-63 victory on Tuesday evening.
Wentworth went on an 11-0 run to start the first quarter but the Gulls were able to close the gap and tie the game at 20-20 by the end of the frame.
The second quarter remained close as the Leopards went into halftime with a slight 35-29 lead.
Endicott battled and managed to gain a 49-45 lead in the last 1:20 of play in the third quarter.
Wentworth wouldn't go down without a fight and even took a one-point lead with 8:35 remaining in regulation. Endicott regained the advantage and secured the 68-63 victory with three made free throws in the final five seconds of the game.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- Mikaela Rogers (Haverhill, Mass.) led the Gulls with a career-high 22 points and a career-high 15 rebounds.
- Kaleigh Putnam (Wallingford, Conn.) also added 21 points and eight assists, while Lexi Gellerman (West Hartford, Conn.) had 12 rebounds.
- Emma Tierney (Wolfeboro, N.H.) recorded four blocks during the contest.
- Leading the Leopards offensively were Erin Morton (Norway, Maine) and Stephanie Mini (Topsfield, Mass.) with 19 and 18 points, respectively.
- Molley Duclos (Greenfield, Mass.) pulled down a team-leading seven rebounds.
- Endicott held a 55-33 rebound advantage.
Endicott (9-5, 5-0 CCC) travels to Gordon on Thursday, January 10 at 5:30 PM. Wentworth (1-13, 0-6 CCC) hosts Nichols at 5:30 PM on Thursday, January 10.
(Photo Credit - David Le '10)