BEVERLY, Mass. – The Endicott women's basketball team defeated Wentworth, 86-48, on Saturday afternoon in conference action at MacDonald Gymnasium.
Endicott raced out to a 27-12 advantage at the end of the first quarter and the Gulls were never threatened the rest of the way.
Highlights the Gulls in the opening stanza were Emily Pratt (Gardner, Mass.) and Shannon Gilbert (Easton, Conn.) as the duo contributed seven and six points, respectively, in the first 10 minutes of action. As a team, Endicott shot 64.7% from the floor (11-for-17), which included a 5-for-7 (71.4%) showing from beyond the arc.
Pratt and Gilbert both finished the contest with 11 points apiece, while Mikaela Rogers (Haverhill, Mass.) paced all scorers with 14 points (6-8 FG, 2-2 FT). The Gulls also saw Emma Tierney (Wolfeboro, N.H.) contribute 10 points (5-7 FG) to round out the list of double-digit scorers for Endicott.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- Endicott held a 47-21 lead at halftime. It marks the highest point total for the Gulls at halftime this season and the largest differential at the break against an opponent.
- The Gulls' 86 points is a season-high and ranks tied for No. 15 all-time in program history.
- Endicott improved to 30-3 in the all-time series against Wentworth with today's win.
- The Gulls have won eight straight meetings versus the Leopards (1/14/16 – 2/2/19).
- Endicott is 6-2 at home this season.
- The Blue and Green extended its winning streak to five games with today's victory (1/16/19 – 2/2/19).
Endicott (15-6, 11-1 CCC) hosts the University of New England on Tuesday, February 5 at 5:30 PM. Wentworth (3-19, 1-12 CCC) welcomes Curry to its campus on Saturday, February 9 at 1 PM.
(Photo Credit - David Le '10)