BEVERLY, Mass. – The Endicott women's basketball team lost to the University of New England (UNE), 55-52, on Tuesday night in conference action at MacDonald Gymnasium.
Trailing 52-47 with three minutes remaining in the contest, UNE's Sadie Nelson (Windham, Maine) canned a pair of three-pointers at 1:19 and 28-seconds, respectively, to give the Nor'easters a slim 53-52 advantage.
UNE forced a turnover on Endicott's next possession (:18) and saw Jocelyn Chaput (Nashua, N.H.) convert both of her free throw attempts with 16-seconds to play to come away with the eventual victory.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- Today's game was the 43rd meeting between the two programs in the all-time series.
- Endicott is 6-3 at home this season.
- UNE outscored Endicott 22-10 in the fourth quarter.
- The Nor'easters' 22 points served as the highest total in any quarter in the matchup
- Endicott led for 27:34 of tonight's game.
Endicott (15-7, 11-2 CCC) travels to Roger Williams on Saturday, February 9 at 1 PM. UNE (12-11, 10-4 CCC) hosts Nichols this Saturday at 1 PM.
(Photo Credit - Mike Conners)