MARLBOROUGH, Mass. – Linnéa Jonsson's (Linkoping, Sweden) penalty shot goal in the second period (18:25) proved to be the difference for Endicott as the Gulls extended their unbeaten streak to six straight games with a 2-0 victory against Becker on Saturday night at the New England Sports Center.
After Jonsson's late second period tally, Caroline Hughes (Andover, Mass.) went on to score the all-important insurance goal on a feed by Courtney Walpole (Allen, Texas) just 23-seconds into the third to put the clamps on the win.
Freshman goaltender Vendela Jonsson (Linkoping, Sweden) recorded 12 saves for the Gulls to earn her fourth shutout this season. V. Jonsson, who is now 4-0-0 on the year, has not allowed a goal in 179:52 minutes of action.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- Endicott outshot Becker 34-12 in the victory
- Hughes' first collegiate goal came on the power play.
- The Gulls have scored three power play goals this season.
FOR THE FOES
- Madison Rigsby (O'Fallon, Mo.) stopped 32 shots in the loss (0-3-0).
- In all three games played this season, Rigsby has been forced to make 30 or more saves in each contest including a career-high 42 stops against Franklin Pierce University on October 31.
Endicott (6-0-0, 4-0-0 CHC) hosts Stevenson in back-to-back home games next Friday (7 PM) and Saturday (3 PM). Becker (0-5-0, 0-4-0 CHC) travels to Johnson and Wales University on Friday, November 20 to take on the Wildcats at 6:05 p.m.