BEVERLY, Mass. – The Endicott women's ice hockey team picked up a decisive 4-0 conference victory over SUNY Canton on Friday night at Raymond J. Bourque Arena.
Samantha Fuller (Moretown, Vt.) was credited with the game-winner on a rebound tally at the 19:31 mark of the first period, while Jillian Gibbs (Burlington, Vt.) scored twice and Lexi Klein (Shoreview, Minn.) also found the back of the net in the win.
Meanwhile, sophomore defenseman Meaghan Farragher (Bridgewater, Mass.) led Endicott in the points with three assists, which included two primary helpers.
Endicott goaltender Vendela Jonsson (Linkoping, Sweden) registered 28 saves for the shutout (12th career), while SUNY Canton netminder Brooke Susac (Bowmanville, Ontario) had a season-high 43 saves in the loss (7-7-1).
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- Endicott is 4-0-0 in the all-time series versus SUNY Canton.
- The Gulls have outscored the Kangaroos 16-2 in the all-time series.
- Farragher's three assists tonight tied the single-game program record for assists, and points.
- Maggie Layo (Sandwich, Mass.) won a team-high 10 faceoffs.
- Endicott is currently on a four-game winning streak.
FOR THE FOES
- Jessica Pele (Estevan, SK) blocked a game-high six shots.
- Margret Troiano (Morristown, N.Y.) won a game-high 12 faceoffs.
Endicott (16-2-1, 7-0-0 CHC) will host SUNY Canton (7-9-1, 2-3-0 CHC) tomorrow at 2:30 PM.