BEVERLY, Mass. – The No. 9 nationally ranked Endicott women's hockey team recorded a 4-1 victory over Salem State in their conference opener at Raymond J. Bourque Arena on Wednesday night.
Endicott also started the scoring in the second frame when Rachel Lustenring (Poughkeepsie, N.Y.) netted a shorthanded goal just over four and a half minutes in.
The Vikings responded with a goal from Kylie Currier (Middleton, Mass.) to round out the scoring in the second period.
Freshman Ashlie Jones (Billerica, Mass.) tallied her first collegiate goal in the third period. Jade Meier (Fairbanks, Alaska) and Meaghan Farragher (Bridgewater, Mass.) were credited with assists on the play.
Meanwhile, Vendela Jonsson (Linkoping, Sweden) made 8 saves and improved to a perfect 2-0-0 in net on the season.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- Endicott outshot the Vikings, 56-9
- Meier also added an assist on the Gull's second goal of the game.
- Meier led the offense with 11 shots.
FOR THE FOES
- Isabelle Woodward (Ottawa, Ont.) made 52 saves in the loss (0-1-0).
- Rose Sullivan (Charlestown, Mass.) and Currier paced the team in shots with two each.
No. 9 Endicott (2-0-0, 1-0-0 CHC) and Salem State (0-1-0, 0-1-0 CHC) finish out the home-and-home series at Rockett Arena on Friday, Nov. 3 at 7 p.m.
(Photo credit - David Le '10)