BEVERLY, Mass. – The No. 7 nationally ranked Endicott women's ice hockey team defeated Plymouth State University, 6-1, on Saturday evening at Raymond J. Bourque Arena.
Jillian Gibbs (Burlington, Vt.) paced the Gulls offensively with a pair of goals and one assist to register her 11th career multi-point game (three 2017-18, eight 2016-17).
Meanwhile, teammates Rachel Lustenring (Poughkeepsie, N.Y.), Ashlie Jones (Billerica, Mass.), Lexi Klein (Shoreview, Minn.) and Jade Meier (Fairbanks, Alaska.) all found the back of the net as well in the win.
Vendela Jonsson (Linkoping, Sweden) made 23 saves in net for Endicott to improve to 8-0-1 on the year.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- Endicott is 2-0-0 in the all-time series against Plymouth State.
- The Gulls have outscored the Panthers 8-1 in the series.
- Endicott has won eight straight games dating back to November 11.
- The Gulls are 5-0-0 at Raymond J. Bourque Arena in 2017-18, and 21-4-4 all-time (.793).
FOR THE FOES
- Jaime Carpenter (Jardineville, N.B.) broke up Endicott's shutout bid with her second goal of the season at 17:22 of the third.
- Emelie Lindqvist (Gullerasen, Sweden) made 41 saves in the loss (2-4-2).
- Alexis Fagan (Wakefield, R.I.) won a game-high 12 faceoffs.
- The Panthers also won the faceoff matchup, 29-24.
No. 7 Endicott (11-0-1) hosts Salve Regina University on Saturday, January 6 at 3:30 PM. Plymouth State (2-6-2) takes on Hamilton in the Trader Duke's Ice Hockey Classic – hosted by Saint Michael's College – on Friday, December 5 at 4 PM. website.include("rich-footer")
(Photo Credit - David Le '10)