BEVERLY, Mass. – The Endicott women's ice hockey team skated to a 1-1 draw with Becker College on Friday night in Raymond J. Bourque Arena.
The Gulls dominated the game offensively throughout the game as they outshot the Hawks, 16-1 in the first period, 14-6 in the second, 16-4 in the third, and 6-0 in the overtime period.
Becker found the back of the net first, however, as Claudia Gee (Randolph, Vt.) blocked a shot and skated the puck up the ice to tally her seventh goal of the season at the 5:15 mark of the third period.
The Gulls saw several great scoring opportunities in the overtime period, but netminder Julia Johnson (Littleton, Colo.) was able to come up with key saves to keep the game tied 1-1 at the end of the frame.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- With today's tie, Endicott holds a 4-0-1 advantage in the all-time series with Becker.
- Alyssa Peterson (Cranberry Township, Pa.) (3-0-1) recorded 10 saves throughout the game.
- Hughes led the offense with 10 shots, while Jade Meier (Fairbanks, Alaska) was close behind with eight.
- The Gulls held a 52-11 shot advantage.
- Endicott won the faceoff matchup, 37-22.
- Michaela McNamara (Warwick, R.I.) and Maggie Layo (Sandwich, Mass.) each won a team-high 11 faceoffs.
FOR THE FOES
- Johnson (0-3-1) made a season-high 51 saves throughout the contest.
- Leading the Hawks offensively was Bailey Coons (Casper, Wyo.) with three shots.
- Katerine Capobianco (North Andover, Mass.) led the team in faceoff wins with eight.
Endicott (14-2-2, 5-0-2 CHC) and Becker (3-12-3, 1-1-3 CHC) face each other again tomorrow, Jan. 27 at 7 p.m. at the Worcester Ice Center.
(Photo Credit - David Le '10)