BEVERLY, Mass. – The Endicott women's ice hockey team hosted Bowdoin College for a nonconference contest on Tuesday evening and skated away with a 4-2 victory.
Endicott got on the board with an early goal from Meaghan Farragher (Bridgewater, Mass.) at the 1:25 mark of the first period.
Jade Meier (Fairbanks, Alaska) made it a 2-0 game less than five minutes later with her 11th tally of the season.
Bowdoin responded at the start of the second frame when Jess Cloutier (Bedford, N.H.) found the back of the net at the 1:28 mark.
The Gulls continued to control the puck offensively as they netted two more goals in the second period to make the score 4-1. Courtney Walpole (Allen, Texas) and Ashlie Jones (Billerica, Mass.) tallied the goals at the 11:16 and 12:37 marks, respectively.
The Polar Bears saw the lone goal of the third period on a tally from Tala Glass (Glencoe, Ill.), but it wasn't enough as Endicott went on to secure the 4-2 victory.
Alyssa Peterson (Cranberry Township, Pa.) improved to 5-0-1 on the season and recorded 21 saves throughout the contest.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- Jillian Gibbs (Burlington, Vt.) added two assists on the night, while Teneal Perry (Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada), Emma McDowell (Alexandria, Va.), Walpole, and Meier each had one.
- Endicott held a 30-23 shot advantage over Bowdoin.
- Ellen Carter (Roseville, Minn.), Michaela McNamara (Warwick, R.I.), Lexi Klein (Shoreview, Minn.), Nicole Demers (Avon, Conn.), and Meier led the team in shots with three each.
- Maggie Layo (Sandwich, Mass.) led the team in faceoff wins with 13.
FOR THE FOES
- Sophia Lattanzio (Montclair, N.J.) shifted to 6-3-0 and made 19 saves in the loss. Madeline Carlson (Cloquet, Minn.) came in for the third period and stopped seven shots.
- Marissa Fichter (Duxbury, Mass.) assisted on both goals for the Polar Bears, while Glass assisted on Cloutier's tally.
- Jill Rathke (Burlington, Vt.) had a team-high five shots.
- Katie Leininger (Newtown, Pa.) led the team in faceoff wins with six.
Endicott (18-4-2) finishes out the regular season on the road with a 3 p.m. nonconference game at Colby on Saturday, Feb. 17. Bowdoin (10-8-3) hosts Trinity (Conn.) at 7 p.m. on Friday, Feb. 16.
(Photo Credit - David Le)