DUDLEY, Mass. – The Endicott women's ice hockey team traveled to Nichols for a Colonial Hockey Conference (CHC) matchup on Friday evening and the Gulls were handed a 3-0 loss.
Nichols got on the board at the 14:34 mark of the second period with a tally from McKenna Gernander (Coleraine, Maine).
With just under three minutes left in the final frame, Gernander added her second of the game to give the Bisons the 2-0 lead.
At 19:29 of the third, Jensen Wurm (Arvada, Colo.) netted her first goal of the season to secure the 3-0 victory for Nichols.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- Endicott still leads the all-time series with Nichols, 4-2.
- Alyssa Peterson (Cranberry Township, Pa.) recorded 19 saves for the Gulls during the loss.
- Cassandra Goyette (Norton, Mass.) made 34 saves to preserve the shutout.
- Mel McAleer (Hanson, Mass.) and Kelly Ferreira (North Falmouth, Mass.) each had two assists on the night, while Alicia Hunks (Georgetown, Ont.) was credited with one.
- Leading the Endicott offense was Jillian Gibbs (Burlington, Vt.) with five shots.
Endicott (10-4-4, 2-2-1 CHC) and Nichols (10-6-3, 4-2-1 CHC) meet again tomorrow, January 26 at 3 PM at the Raymond J. Bourque Arena.
(Photo Credit - David Le '10)