BRISTOL, R.I.– The Endicott women's lacrosse team was outlasted, 10-7, by top-seeded Roger Williams University Saturday afternoon on Senior Day at Bayside Field in a Commonwealth Coast Conference (CCC) contest.
The Hawks scored early and often as they led 3-0 through the first ten minutes of action.
Endicott battled back to cut the deficit to 3-2 with 8:54 remaining in the first half and traded goals as Roger Williams took a 6-3 edge into the break.
The Hawks were up by as much as five, as they created an 8-3 advantage with two quick goals to begin the second half before Endicott netted three straight as the Gulls trailed 8-6 with 18:44 left in regulation.
Endicott got to within two (down 9-7) at the 12:45 mark, but one more goal from the Hawks gave the hosts their eighth win in a row and kept their conference record unblemished.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- The Gulls had their five-game win streak snapped today.
- Junior Maura Grady (Marblehead, Mass.) fell to 4-9 on the season in goal as she made seven saves in the defeat.
- Junior midfielder Emily Whitney (Rye, N.H) continued her scoring streak as she notched one goal.
- Whitney has scored in 15 of the Gulls' 17 games this season, including six straight games with at least one goal.
- Freshman midfielder Jackie Neilsen (Agawam, Mass.) scored two goals for the Gulls for her fourth game this season with at least two goals.
- Freshman midfielder Ali Campbell (Lakeville, Mass.) chipped in one goal.
- Sophomore attack Erin McCarthy (Old Lyme, Conn.) also added one goal and an assist.
- Sophomore midfielder Olivia Larson (Cheshire, Conn.) potted two goals.
- Junior midfielder Chelsea Burke (Georgetown, Mass.) scooped up a team-high four groundballs and caused a team-high two turnovers.
FOR THE FOES
- The Hawks never trailed in this game.
- Junior midfielder McKenna Everding (Fayetteville, N.Y.) recorded a game-high four goals as she tied for a game-high seven shots taken.
- Sophomore midfielder Kaelin Hogan (Bethel, Conn.) registered a game-high five points (2 goals, 3 assists) as she won a team-high three draw controls.
- Junior Kimberly Bolk (Port Jefferson Station, N.Y.) earned her 12th win in goal (12-3) as she collected a game-high five ground balls and made nine saves.
- The Gulls are 18-3 all-time and 6-2 on the road all-time at Roger Williams dating back to March 25, 2004.
- Roger Williams has three straight meetings against the Gulls, including a 15-6 victory in Bristol, R.I., in the most recent meeting before today on April 29, 2015 in the CCC Semifinals.
Endicott (6-9, 5-2 CCC) hosts the University of New England on Tuesday, April 26th at 4:00 p.m. in the Gulls' last regular season game. Roger Williams (12-3, 7-0 CCC) travels to Milton, Mass. to face Curry on Tuesday, April 26th at 7:00 p.m. in the Hawks' last regular season game.