NORTON, Mass. — The Endicott women's lacrosse team opened the 2018 season with a 17-5 victory over Wheaton (Mass.) on Wednesday evening.
The Gulls started the game with eight consecutive goals in the first 14 minutes of play. Wheaton answered back with a tally from Maddy Lahm before Endicott scored three more goals to take an 11-1 lead at the half.
Wheaton saw four goals in the second half, but it would not be enough as the Gulls notched six more tallies by the end of regulation.
Alex Fitzgerald (Guilford, Conn.) led Endicott with five goals throughout the contest, while seven other Gulls also scored in the win.
Bella Rino (Northborough, Mass.) improved to 1-0 on the season and recorded two saves.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- Erin McCarthy (Old Lyme, Conn.), Jennifer Lacroix (Wrentham, Mass.), Jackie Healy (Northborough, Mass.), Gabriella Prisco (West Haven, Conn.), and Olivia Larson (Cheshire, Conn.) all tallied two goals. Ali Campbell (Lakeville, Mass.) and Mollie Manning (Hull, Mass.) each netted one goal each.
- Healy (2) and Campbell recorded assists during the contest.
- Prisco and Rino led the team in ground balls with three each.
- The Gulls held a 27-7 shot advantage.
- Fitzgerald and Molly McMahon (Hanover, Mass.) each had two caused turnovers.
FOR THE FOES
- Molly Witten (Bethesda, Md.) got the start in net and shifted to 0-1 on the season with one save. Galicia Rothe (Key Biscayne, Fla.) also spent time in net and made one save before Jena Casman (Woodbridge, Conn.) finished out the game and recorded six saves.
- Maddy Lahm (Lyme, Conn.), Meg Sharick (Amherst, Mass.), Emma Ford (York, Maine), Lilly Callahan (Wilbraham, Mass.), and Casey Kaplan (Suffield, Conn.) each tallied a goal for the Lyons.
- Ford and Kyra Schwartzman (Kennebunk, Maine) both earned assists during the game.
Endicott (1-0) travels to Emerson for a 4 p.m. game on Saturday, March 3. Wheaton (0-1) travels to Lasell on Saturday, March 3 at 12 p.m.
(Photo Credit - David Le '10)