BEVERLY, Mass. - The Endicott women's lacrosse team topped Emerson, 18-2, on Saturday evening in non-conference action at Rotch Field.
Jennifer Lacroix (Wrentham, Mass.) led the Gulls with seven goals (two free position) on nine shots to go along with four draw controls, two caused turnovers, and one ground ball.
Endicott also saw Ali Campbell (Lakeville, Mass.) and Alex Fitzgerald (Guilford, Conn.) register hat-tricks, while Jackie Healy (Northborough, Mass.) potted two tallies and Olivia Larson (Cheshire, Conn.), Meghan Dutchyshyn (Cheshire, Conn.), and Abigail Berger (Old Lyme, Conn.) notch solo markers, respectively.
Meanwhile, in goal, Bella Rino (Northborough, Mass.) made two saves in the first half to improve to 2-0 on the season. Alexandra Rose (East Lyme, Conn.) also stopped three shots and did not allow any goals in the second half (30:00 of playing time).
Endicott began the game with an 8-0 run - paced by a hat-trick from Lacroix - and never looked back. After Emerson broke up the shutout bid at 9:45 of the first, the Gulls responded with a 3-0 spurt with a strike from Dutchyshyn and two tallies from Fitzgerald to put the game on ice.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- Lacroix's seven-goal game is tied for fourth all-time in program history.
- The Gulls are 2-0 versus Emerson.
- Endicott has scored 17 or more goals in each victory.
- The Gulls were 12-for-13 on the clear and won 14 draw controls.
FOR THE FOES
- Jenna Tomsky (Clinton, N.J.) netted both tallies for the Lions.
- Sophia Gripari (London, England) had an assist in the contest.
- Kristina Modica (East Moriches, N.Y.) compiled nine saves in the loss (0-1).
- Emily Quinn (Dartmouth, Mass.) led the squad with the draw controls.
Endicott (2-0) hosts No. 19 nationally ranked Tufts University on Wednesday, March 7 at 7 PM. Emerson (0-1) takes on John Carroll in Bridgewater, Florida next Tuesday at 7:30 PM.
(Photo Credit - David Le '10)