BEVERLY, Mass. - The Endicott women's lacrosse team defeated Babson College by a score of 11-10 Saturday afternoon at Hempstead Stadium.
Jennifer Lacroix (Wrentham, Mass.) led the Gulls with five goals (two free position) and one assist. She also recorded three draw controls, two ground balls, and one caused turnover.
Jackie Healy (Northborough, Mass.) and Ali Campbell (Lakeville, Mass.) each netted two goals for the Gulls, while Erin McCarthy (Old Lyme, Conn.) and Meghan Dutchyshyn (Cheshire, Conn.) both tallied one goal.
Meanwhile, in goal, Bella Rino (Northborough, Mass.) improved to 3-0 and made five saves throughout the game.
The Gulls had a strong first half as they took an 8-3 lead in the first 30 minutes of play. The Beavers rallied in the second half and came within one goal but Endicott was ultimately able to hold onto the 11-10 victory.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- Alex Fitzgerald (Guilford, Conn.) led the team in assists with three, while Healy added two. Lacroix recorded one helper as well.
- Talia Dellatto (Andover, Mass.) had a team-high four caused turnovers.
- Campbell led the squad in ground balls with eight.
- The last two games in the series have been decided by a single goal, and six of the last nine contests between the teams have been decided by two goals or less.
- The Gulls were 21-for-22 on the clear and won 10 draw controls.
FOR THE FOES
- Lexi Lenaghan (Hingham, Mass.) recorded a team-leading four goals and two assists during the contest.
- Lyndsay Giroux (Westwood, Mass.) and Taylor Thorbahn (Duxbury, Mass.) each tallied two goals, while Charlotte O'Halloran (Middletown, R.I.) and Taylor Herrmann (Mahwah, N.J.) notched one each.
- Earning assists on the afternoon were O'Halloran, Giroux, Lenaghan, Thorbahn, Julia Harrigan (Portsmouth, R.I.), and Olivia McCahan (Providence, R.I.).
- Mairead Williams (Hingham, Mass.) led the team in ground balls (5) and caused turnovers (3).
- Cricket Fligor (Weston, Mass.) shifted to 0-1 on the season and made seven saves.
- The Beavers won 13 draw controls.
Endicott (3-0) travels to Connecticut College on Tuesday, March 13 at 3 p.m. Babson (2-3) hosts the University of New England at 3:30 p.m. on Wednesday, March 14.
(Photo Credit - David Le '10)