CAMBRIDGE, Mass. - The Endicott women's lacrosse team traveled to MIT for a non-conference matchup on Friday evening and came away with a 17-11 victory.
The Engineers got on the board first with a tally from Cecilia McCormick (Islip, N.Y.) but the Gulls responded two minutes later when Meghan Dutchyshyn (Cheshire, Conn.) tied the game at 1-1.
MIT would go on to score twice more before Endicott went on a six-goal run to take a 7-3 lead with time winding down in the first half.
With eight seconds remaining in the first frame, Ana Flooks (Weston, Conn.) notched a goal to cut the Endicott lead to 7-4 at the half.
The Engineers continued to battle in the second half, coming within two goals at one point but Endicott was able to go on another six tally run to hold onto the lead for good.
The Gulls went on to secure the 17-11 victory to improve to 4-1 on the season.
Erin McCarthy (Old Lyme, Conn.) led Endicott with four goals and one assist, while Emily Young (La Jolla, Calif.) recorded three goals and three assists for MIT.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- Bella Rino (Northborough, Mass.) improved to 4-1 on the season and made nine saves in net.
- Olivia Larson (Cheshire, Conn.) added three goals, Jennifer Lacroix (Wrentham, Mass.) and Ali Campbell (Lakeville, Mass.) each notched two, and Allie Lawlor (York, Maine), Jackie Healy (Northborough, Mass.), Megan Jarvis (Auburn, N.H.), Alex Fitzgerald (Guilford, Conn.), and Abigail Berger (Old Lyme, Conn.) each found the back of the net once.
- Lacroix and Campbell both added an assist during the game as well.
- Larson had a team-high nine draw controls.
- Gabriella Prisco (West Haven, Conn.) added five ground balls and two caused turnovers.
- The Gulls held a 35-29 shot advantage.
FOR THE FOES
- Eva Boal (Princeton Junction, N.J.) shifted to 0-1 on the season and recorded 12 saves.
- McCormick tallied three goals and one assist, while Katie Notarangelo (Foxboro, Mass.) scored twice. Jack Simmons (Houston, Texas) and Allison Pinto (Ann Arbor, Mich.) also tallied one goal each.
- Young recorded a team-leading six draw controls.
- Boal added four ground balls throughout the game.
Endicott (4-1) hosts Bowdoin on Wednesday, March 21 at 4 p.m. MIT travels to Springfield for a 12 p.m.contest on Saturday, March 24.
(Photo Credit - David Le '10)