BEVERLY, Mass. - The Endicott women's lacrosse team fell to No. 17 nationally ranked Bowdoin in a non-conference matchup on Tuesday evening by a final score of 16-6.
Hannah Hirschfeld (Concord, N.H.) put the Polar Bears on the board first with a goal just over five minutes into the first half. Bowdoin then went on to score four more unanswered goals before a free position goal by Jennifer Lacroix (Wrentham, Mass.) at 9:23 broke up the shutout. From there, the Polar Bears continued to control the first half, as they headed into halftime with a 10-1 advantage.
The Gulls continued to battle in the second half with Lacroix scoring twice and Meghan Dutchyshyn (Cheshire, Conn.) tallying three goals. Freshman goalie Alexandra Rose (East Lyme, Conn.) also had seven saves in the second half.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- Bella Rino (Northborough, Mass.) made 11 saves in net, all in the first half.
- Lacroix, Ali Campbell (Lakeville, Mass.) and Olivia Larson (Cheshire, Conn.) each had one assist in the contest.
- Gabriella Prisco (West Haven, Conn.) picked up four ground balls.
- Talia Dellatto (Andover, Mass.) led the defense with three caused turnovers.
FOR THE FOES
- Hirschfeld led the Polar Bears with three goals, four ground balls, and three caused turnovers.
- Eliza Denious (Wilton, Conn.) and Kate Kelly (Framingham, Mass.) each tallied three goals.
- Kayli Weiss (Longmont, Colo.) improved to 6-1 on the season with seven saves and four ground balls.
- Hailey Berglund (Norwell, Mass.) led the Polar Bears with two assists.
- Bowdoin outshot Endicott, 39-16.
Endicott (4-2) will head to Salve Regina on Saturday, March 24 at 4 p.m. Bowdoin College (6-1) travels to Middlebury on Saturday, March 24 at 12 p.m.
(Photo Credit - David Le '10)