BEVERLY, Mass. - The Endicott women's lacrosse team opened Commonwealth Coast Conference (CCC) play with a 19-5 victory over Salve Regina on Saturday afternoon.
The Gulls jumped out to an early 3-0 lead before the Seahawks were able to find the back of the net. Endicott continued to up the offensive pressure throughout the first half, taking a 15-2 lead at halftime.
Salve Regina attempted to get its offense going in the second half and was able to tally three goals but the Gulls responded with four goals of their own in the final frame to secure the 19-5 victory.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- Bella Rino (Northborough, Mass.) got the start in net and made seven saves to improve to 5-2 on the season.
- Alexandra Rose (East Lyme, Conn.) came in for the second half and recorded six saves.
- Jennifer Lacroix (Wrentham, Mass.) led the team in points with nine (3G, 6A).
- Erin McCarthy (Old Lyme, Conn.) netted two goals for the Gulls, while Allie Lawlor (York, Maine), Jackie Healy (Northborough, Mass.), Ali Campbell (Lakeville, Mass.), Olivia Larson (Cheshire, Conn.), and Maggie Berger (Old Lyme, Conn.) all added one tally.
- Gabriella Prisco (West Haven, Conn.) added two assists while Healy and McCarthy also added an assist each during the game.
- Prisco also recorded a team-high nine draw controls, five caused turnovers, and four ground balls.
- The Gulls held a 28-20 shot advantage and a 21-5 draw control advantage.
- Endicott went 2-for-4 on free position shot attempts.
FOR THE FOES
- Bridget Newbury (Bridgewater, Mass.) made three saves throughout the contest and shifted to 0-2 on the season.
- Maddie Villareal (Portsmouth, R.I.) led the team in goals with three.
- Olivia Slysz (South Hadley, Mass.) and Katie Kline (Brookfield, Conn.) both scored once.
- Lindsey Smith (North Attleboro, Mass.) and Kiley Anderson (East Greenwich, R.I.) both earned assists during the game.
- Smith led the defense with three caused turnovers.
Endicott (5-2, 1-0 CCC) will host the University of New England on Tuesday, March 27 at 7 p.m. Salve Regina (0-5, 0-1 CCC) travels to Roger Williams on Tuesday, March 27 at 4 p.m.
(Photo Credit - David Le '10)