BEVERLY, Mass. - The Endicott women's lacrosse team notched a convincing 21-5 victory over the University of New England on Tuesday evening.
The Gulls got on the board first with a tally from Jennifer Lacroix (Wrentham, Mass.). UNE responded when Keara Dwyer (Cazenovia, N.Y.) scored her 14th goal of the season to tie the game at 1-1 but that was the closest the game would come as Endicott went on to a 12-2 lead at the half.
In the second half, the Gulls continued to pressure offensively to secure the 21-5 win.
Lacroix led Endicott with a season-high eight goals and also added two assists for a total of 10 points on the evening.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- Bella Rino (Northborough, Mass.) got the start in net and made eight saves to improve to 6-2 on the season.
- Lacroix's performance tonight places her tied for second in the program record book for most goals in a single game and fourth in most points in a single game.
- Meghan Dutchyshyn (Cheshire, Conn.) added five goals for the Gulls, while Alex Fitzgerald (Guilford, Conn.) had three and Jackie Healy (Northborough, Mass.) tallied two. Maggie Berger (Old Lyme, Conn.), Mollie Manning (Hull, Mass.), and Megan Jarvis (Auburn, N.H.) each notched one goal.
- Gabriella Prisco (West Haven, Conn.) led the team in assists with three and draw controls with eight.
- The Gulls held a 32-14 shot advantage and a 21-5 draw control advantage.
FOR THE FOES
- Maritza Nary (Dover, N.H.) started in goal for the Nor'easters and made 5 saves. Taylor Hopkins (Pelham, N.Y.) came in for the second half and recorded two saves.
- Dwyer led the team with two goals while Korinne Bohunsky (Eliot, Maine), Mackenzie Collins (Gorham, Maine), and Molly Camelo (Melrose, Mass.) each contributed one goal.
- Jolena Lampron (Lyman, Maine) compiled a team-high five caused turnovers, five ground balls, and two draw controls.
Endicott (6-2, 2-0 CCC) will host No. 7 Tufts on Thursday, March 29 at 7 p.m. UNE (3-5, 0-1 CCC) hosts Western New England for a 1 p.m. contest on Saturday, March 31.
(Photo Credit - David Le '10)