BEVERLY, Mass. - The Endicott women's lacrosse team hosted Western New England on Saturday afternoon and came away with a 17-2 victory. Prior to today's contest, the Gulls honored three seniors, Erin McCarthy (Old Lyme, Conn.), Cassidy Merrill (Buxton, Maine), and Olivia Larson (Cheshire, Conn.) for their hard work and dedication to the team and Endicott College.
The Gulls scored 12 unanswered goals to start off the first half before the Golden Bears found the back of the net to break up the shutout. Endicott went on to gain a 14-1 lead heading into halftime.
In the second half, the Gulls saw three tallies to Western New England's one to secure the convincing 17-2 win.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- Bella Rino (Northborough, Mass.) got the start in net and improved to 8-2 on the season. She recorded three saves during the first half before Alexandra Rose (East Lyme, Conn.) came in for the second frame. Rose made a total of three saves as well.
- McCarthy added three goals for the Gulls, while Jackie Healy (Northborough, Mass.) and Meghan Dutchyshyn (Cheshire, Conn.) each had two. Also finding the back of the net were Megan Jarvis (Auburn, N.H.), Gabriella Prisco (West Haven, Conn.), Maggie Berger (Old Lyme, Conn.), and Larson.
- Lacroix compiled a team-high nine draw controls.
- Leading the Gulls in caused turnovers was Mollie Manning (Hull, Mass.) with three.
- Endicott held a 39-10 shot advantage.
- The Gulls were 3-for-4 on free position shots.
FOR THE FOES
- Shannon McFadden (West Islip, N.Y.) shifted to 2-7 on the season and made 13 saves. Kaitlyn Marchant (Londonderry, N.H.) also made an appearance in net and recorded three saves.
- Kristen Breen (Ellington, Conn.) scored both of the Golden Bears' goals.
- McFadden led the team in ground balls (5) and caused turnovers (2).
Endicott (8-3, 4-0 CCC) will host Gordon on Tuesday, April 10 at 4 p.m. Western New England (2-9, 2-2 CCC) hosts Nichols at 4 p.m. on Tuesday, April 10.
(Photo Credit - David Le '10)