MILTON, Mass. – The Endicott women's lacrosse team continued their regular season dominance of the Commonwealth Coast Conference (CCC) after handing Curry a 21-1 defeat on Saturday afternoon at the Walter M. Katz Field.
Three players tied for a match-high of six points which fueled a Gulls offense that scored the first 16 goals of the game before the Colonels were able to get on the scoreboard. Sophomore midfielder Jennifer Lacroix (Wrentham, Mass.) paced the scoring with six goals with junior attacker Jackie Healy (Northborough, Mass.) added five goals with an assist. Senior attacker Erin McCarthy (Old Lyme, Conn.), along with scoring her 15th goal of the season, distributed five assists in the winning effort.
Five other Endicott field players amassed multi-point outputs including sophomore attacker Alex Fitzgerald (Guilford, Conn.) who scored twice and assist on two other goals. Senior midfielder Olivia Larson (Cheshire, Conn.) and sophomore attacker Meghan Dutchyshyn (Cheshire, Conn.) each found the back of the cage twice while junior midfielder Ali Campbell (Lakeville, Mass.) dished two assists and scored once.
Between the pipes, junior goalie Bella Rino (Northborough, Mass.) improved to 10-2 on the season by making seven saves on eight shots on goal. Defensively, freshman Allie Lawlor (York, Maine) caused two turnovers while Larson and freshman teammate Gabriella Prisco (West Haven, Conn.) both collected four draw controls apiece to help Endicott maintain a 17-6 advantage in that category.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- Endicott improved to 20-3 all-time against Curry.
- The Gulls outshot the Colonels 38-13, converted 5-of-7 free position attempts into goals, and had 14 successful clears on 14 attempts.
- Prisco also contributed to the scoring with a goal and an assist.
- Freshman attacker Mollie Manning (Hull, Mass.) scored the 21st and final goal for Endicott to cap off the scoring.
FOR THE FOES
- Curry sophomore attacker Leona Stevens (Kingston, Mass.) accounted for her team's lone goal, an unassisted tally on a free position at the 15:31 mark of the second half.
- Goalie Amy Collard (Lakeville, Mass.) suffered defeat (4-8) as she made 11 saves on 32 shots on goal.
Endicott (10-3, 6-0 CCC) hosts CCC opponent Wentworth on Wednesday, April 18 at 7:00 PM as they look to remain unbeaten in conference play. Curry (4-8, 1-4 CCC) travels to the University of New England on Wednesday for a 7:00 PM start.
(Photo Credit - David Le '10)