DUDLEY, Mass. – The Endicott women's lacrosse team beat Nichols College, 23-5, on Tuesday evening at Vendetti Field.
With the win, the Gulls notched their second straight undefeated season in conference play (8-0). Endicott has not lost a regular season conference game since April 23, 2016. Since then, the Gulls have gone 17-0 in conference play.
Meghan Dutchyshyn (Cheshire, Conn.) paced the Gulls with a single-game program record tying 11 points on six goals and five assists. Jennifer Lacroix (Wrentham, Mass.) and Ali Campbell (Lakeville, Mass.) also added four goals apiece, while Alex Fitzgerald (Guilford, Conn.), Erin McCarthy (Old Lyme, Conn.) and Lauren Tufts (New Gloucester, Maine) contributed two goals each, respectively.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- Prior to Dutchyshyn's 11-point effort today, Kelly Tierney achieved the feat once on 4/24/13, while Valerie Feldman did so twice on 4/22/08 and 3/20/10.
- Endicott is 18-0 all-time against Nichols.
- The Gulls jumped out to a quick 2-0 lead and later answered a goal by Nichols at the 25:55 mark of the first half with 14 straight tallies to put the game away at the conclusion of the opening stanza.
FOR THE FOES
- Kirsten Sullivan (Arlington, Mass.) and Lindsay O'Connell (Danvers, Mass.) both found the back of the net twice.
- Miranda Smith (Methuen, Mass.) had the only other goal for the Bison.
- Emily Eagan (Hingham, Mass.) made 15 saves.
Endicott (12-3, 8-0 CCC) will be the No. 1 seed headed into the CCC Tournament and will receive an automatic bye into the semifinal round. Nichols' 2018 season comes to a close at 4-11 overall and 0-8 in league play.
(Photo Credit - David Le '10)